- Help those in your direct circle of influence—especially those who are at high risk:
- Ask what you can do to help them feel more comfortable. Consider running errands on their behalf, moving their trash cans in and out, walking their dogs, etc.
- Consider forming or joining a co-op to help each other with childcare in the face of school closures. If you need help connecting with other moms, please contact the church office at (209) 874–2532.
- Contact our outreach team at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a prayer and outreach volunteer to visit with someone who is sick, lonely, or needs comfort.
- Give to those in need by donating to CBC’s benevolence fund. Donations can be dropped off at the D St. office or made electronically here. Gift cards redeemable at grocery stores are welcome as well.
- Volunteer to help CBC meet individual needs in our community. To sign up as an outreach partner, email email@example.com with your thoughts and availability.
In an effort to restock our local food banks, CBC is now welcoming non-perishable food donations. To donate, please be sure to review this list of acceptable items, and simply drop your donations off at the church office between the hours of 10 AM and 2 PM, Monday through Friday.
Face Mask Project
Our medical facilities and nursing homes are having an incredibly hard time stocking face masks during this outbreak. In response, many of our local ladies have volunteered to make home-sown face masks. Medical workers have all been incredibly grateful to receive them!
If you would like someone to drop off material and/or pick up finished masks for distribution, please contact the church at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn how to create masks, please check out Kaiser Permanente's step-by-step instructions. Happy sewing!
Love Our Neighbors (LON)
LON is a local organization that seeks to assist the needy in Stanislaus County. It lists five main ways to help:
- Check in with your neighbors.
- Donate money for food and home supplies.
- Volunteer at a food pantry.
- Drop off food at a food pantry.
- Deliver food to a family.
Of these, the biggest need is for more volunteers at LON's food pantries (i.e., Interfaith Modesto, Salvation Army, Second Harvest Food Bank, and United Samaritan Food Bank). Please visit LON's Give Help page for more information. Check out their Facebook and Instagram pages as well.
Casa de Modesto
One of our local retirement centers, Casa de Modesto is dangerously low on the following supplies:
- Isolation masks
- Hand sanitizer (60% or greater alcohol content)
- Medium and large vinyl gloves
- Sani-cloth sanitation wipes (or any medical-grade brand)
- Alcohol pads or bottled rubbing alcohol
- Isolation gowns
- Vitamin C (500 miligrams)
- Calcium (600 miligrams + D3 400 IU)
- Vitamin D3 (2000 IU)
- Vitamin D3 (1000 IU)
If you're able to donate any of these items, please contact Casa de Modesto at (209) 529–4950. If you're not, please share this information!