- Help those in your direct circle of influence, especially those who are at high risk:
- Ask what you can do to help them feel more comfortable. Consider running errands for them, moving their trash cans in and out, walking their dogs, etc.
- Consider forming or joining a co-op to help each other with childcare in the face of school closures. If you need help connecting with other moms, please contact the church office at (209) 874–2532.
- Contact our outreach team at email@example.com to request a volunteer to visit with someone who is sick, lonely, or needs comfort.
- Give to those in need by donating to CBC’s benevolence fund. Donations can be dropped off at the D St. office or made electronically here. Gift cards redeemable at grocery stores are welcome as well.
- Volunteer to help CBC meet individual needs in our community. To sign up as an outreach partner, email Mandy Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts and availability.
In an ongoing effort to restock our local food banks, CBC is welcoming non-perishable food donations, such as applesauce, canned vegetables, and whole-grain cereal. To donate, please be sure to review this list of acceptable items, and simply drop your donations off at the church office between the hours of 9 AM and 4 PM, Monday through Thursday.
Face Mask Project
Our medical facilities and nursing homes are having an incredibly hard time stocking face masks. If you would like someone to drop off material and/or pick up finished masks for distribution, please contact Mandy Wilson at email@example.com. To learn how to create masks, please check out Kaiser Permanente's step-by-step instructions. Happy sewing!
Love Our Cities
Love Our Cities is a regional organization that seeks to help leaders launch city-wide initiatives, collaborate with like-minded leaders, and set up and run volunteer days. It has three main initiatives: Love Our Neighbors, Love Our Schools, and Love ALL Our Kids. To serve in a volunteer capacity (such as at a food pantry), please visit loveourneighbors.org. To support the needs of local schools, visit loveourschools.com. And to support or open up your home to children in foster care, visit loveallourkids.com. What wonderful ways to love our neighbors!